Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

64 honda 305 dream, sitting approx 6 months. tried to kick…

Customer Question
64 honda 305 dream...

64 honda 305 dream, sitting approx 6 months. tried to kick start, as battery was dead, after turning on gas, i got gas leak , but hard to see where....can u help on where to start repairs?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Battery was on charger.. while sitting

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '64 Honda?

305 dream

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

I will try repair myself if not to complicated. have tried nothin so far. was hesitant to take it to shop, if it is a maintenance issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Suspect its a gasket in the gas assembly or line that has deteriorated

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Honda
7/30/2017
Mechanic for Honda: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 10 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I'm Ron and I will be helping you today.
Stand by for a moment while I prepare your answer.

If you have spark at the plug, then I do suspect a fuel delivery issue or BAD fuel. You need to check to see if you have enough pressure and also the carb may be all varnished up from bad fuel and needs to be rebuilt.

My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

If you are satisfied with my answer, I would greatly
appreciate a 5 star rating now before you leave the site and I
will still assist you after you have rated me too if another
question pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me.
Thanks again, Ron

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor