Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 2003 honda civic. My battery died and i

Customer Question
Good morning I...

Good morning I have a 2003 honda civic. My battery died and i accidentally connected the battery wrongly while trying to jump start. Now the car won't start even after i connected it correctly the horn and lights work but there is no light on the dashboard PLEASE HELP THANKS

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?

Yes they all are in good shape

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just changed the jumper cable around after i noticed the error and when i did not get light on the dashboard i checked the fuses, That's all i have done

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
7/30/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Hey how are you

Hopefully you did not burn the ECM

lets try resetting for now and we go from there,as long all fuse are good and the battery still good and holding 12 volts

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )you can use any electrical wire as an extension if battery cables don't reach .

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 30 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat