Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

How do I pull the spark plug caps off in order to at least…

Customer Question
How do I pull...

How do I pull the spark plug caps off in order to at least check and clean them (the Spark Plugs themselves) before replacing them if necessary...??? This is a 2003 Honda Valkyrie and each time I try pulling on the spark plug wires, just outside each spark plug cylinder if feels as if the spark plug boot might tear, instead of just pulling off the plug itself....

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? When did you last check the plugs?

Its not a car, its a motor cycle.....

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Honda?

Valkyrie

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far, and I'm only just beginning...

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Honda
7/30/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 11 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required. You want to pull with a twisting firm grip, if you plan to reuse the wires reapply with dielectric grease, and make sure they meet the OHM requirements for that wire