Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

VSA light on code 64-1, VSA and triangle light, 2008 honda…

Customer Question
VSA light on code...

VSA light on code 64-1

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

VSA and triangle light

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '64 Honda?

2008 honda pilot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried resetting the VSA module. but it has a stored hard code of 64-1

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
7/29/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 6 months ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

This code here can be a short in wiring or the steering angle sensor at fault or the VSA modulator control unit at fault.The diagnostic procedure below does have to be followed to pinpoint which component is at fault and then repaired from there.This has to be done with special test equipment.But you can follow it yourself to pinpoint this issue or have another facility do the diagnostic testing to pinpoint the issue.

DTC 64: Sensor Power Voltage

1. Turn the ignition switch ON (II).
2. Clear the DTC with the HDS.
3. Turn the ignition switch OFF, then disconnect the HDS.
4. Test-drive the vehicle around a number of corners.
5. Check for DTCs with the HDS.

Is DTC 64 indicated?

YES - Go to step 6.

NO - Intermittent failure, the system is OK at this time. Check connections at the VSA modulator-control unit 47P connector and G 302.

6. Turn the ignition switch OFF.
7. Disconnect the VSA modulator-control unit 47P connector.
8. Start the engine.
9. Measure the voltage between VSA modulator-control unit 47P connector terminal No. 35 and body ground.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pe2d4lkbgqr4cok/v-07-29.gif?dl=0

s there 0.1 V or more?

YES - Repair short to power in the wire between the VSA modulator-control unit and yaw rate-lateral acceleration sensor and steering angle sensor.

NO - Go to step 10.

10. Check for continuity between VSA modulator-control unit 47P connector terminal No. 35 and body ground.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ma0cftqla6ovkb1/vs-07-29.gif?dl=0

Is there continuity?

YES - Repair short to body ground in the wire between the VSA modulator-control unit and yaw rate-lateral acceleration sensor and steering angle sensor.

NO - Check for loose terminals in the VSA modulator-control unit 47P connector. If necessary, substitute a known-good VSA modulator-control unit, and retest.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above).You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Auto Service Technician