Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

Getting a P0302, P0303, P0304, P0300 and intermittently a…

Customer Question
Getting a P0302, P0303, P0304...
Getting a P0302, P0303, P0304, P0300 and intermittently a 83-01. Have changed the spark plugs. Have checked the coild packs and have no issues have checked the injectors and no issues. I took the car to the honda dealer and the rechecked all that i had and did a valve adjustment. The problem still remains.
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
7/29/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 8 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

im trying to look up the 83-01 im not seeing anything, is that entered correctly?

It is an ABS code
This is what my scanner screen displays-
83-01
1. ECM RELATION FAILURE
2. ECM/PCM RELATION FAILURE

whats the car doing while its running? or does it run at all?

When it is first started it runs rough...missing on one or more cylinders. But that only lasts for 5-10 seconds. Then it runs smoothly.

hummmmmm, that makes me think about a few things, vtc solenoid, vtec system, and ilde air control valve, that car has so many things that would cause that, did they perform a crankshaft sensor relearn at the dealer?

Not that they told me about. Is there anything i can do to test any of those?
Also, since i have had the car, when i cold start it there is a rattling sound for a second and then it goes quiet. I dont know if that has anything to do with this or if its normal.

a lot of this stuff needs to do a proper relearn sequence, dealers dont seem to help people out much anymore, there is a bunch of stuff we can check though, I would start with the vtc solenoid

1. Manually operate the VTC solenoid at idle and hear if the engine RPM drops and the engine runs rough to verify the intake camshaft sprocket is not stuck.

2. If that is ok, remove the valve cover and put the engine on TDC for cylinder #1 compression and check the camshaft timing. There is a line (timing mark) on each camshaft sprocket. The line on each sprocket should line up with each other where the sprockets come together - one sprocket line at 3 o'clock and the other sprocket line at 9 o'clock to see if the sprockets are in time.

3. If the sprockets are in time, check that the holes in the cam sensor plates line up with the holes in the rocker arm assembly. If the cams are not in phase, the cam dowel may be damaged or the VTC actuator may be stuck advanced.

Haha, what does the vtc solenoid look like? I am a fairly knowledgeable about cars but havent really messed with new hondas
The sprockets are in time and ill have to take the valve cover off again to check number 3.
Ok. I'll do that and then let you know. Should be done in a few. Is there a time limit on your help or if this goes into the next few days is that fine?

oh no we can talk for a long time should stay open a few weeks or so, so take your time dont feel rushed and ill give you as much help as I can over however long you need some help, I wanna see this car running like a top!

Thanks. I really appreciate that.

sure thing, ill be around and if I dont respond I get online everyday to check if im not working that day ill get something back to you, but ill be working all weekend this weekend

Alright ill let you know.

.

I haven't pulled out the solenoid yet. last night the car was too hot cause I had just driven it and today I have been to busy. I will let you know when I am able to look at it.

10-4 over out, roger dodger

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician