Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I have a 1.1A battery drain coming from the 40A fuse in

Customer Question
I have a 1.1A...

I have a 1.1A battery drain coming from the 40A fuse in position #15 under the hood called Backup ACC. The majority of that drain is going to Fuse #7 on the driver's side fuse panel (7.5A fuse labeled Backup). Need help identifying what's going on and why it just started 2 days ago

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Yes, my vehicle has at least 4 fuse panels, primary under the hood, secondary under the hood. Then a driver's side panel and a small passenger side panel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '15 Honda?

It's a 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?

Attempting to fix on my own. But I can't isolate this problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I've tried watching amperage on the battery while I pull fuses and that's how I isolated to the 40A fuse (Backup ACC) under the hood. That fuse protects 5 other fuses in the driver's side and I pulled each of those to find that the line share of the parasitic draw is #7 Backup (7.5A fuse).

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Details: 2008 Honday Odyssey Ex-L
Battery Drain isolated to Under-hood primary box: Fuse #15 Backup ACC 40A
When I pull that fuse the drain drops to ~50mA
Backup ACC fuse protects Fuse Positions #5-9 in Driver's side fuse panel
Isolated the majority of the drain to #7 Backup (7.5A)
7/28/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

You seem like your pretty smart but I have to ask did you wait for the system to shut down and all your doors were closed....ect ......

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I waited for full shut down. I disconnected the negative terminal and completed the circuit with my voltmeter measuring the amps across the circuit

cool, ill get you the layout of the circuit and then we can check each component, give me just a min or 2 ill be back with that info

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sounds good

I just went into my database and found 100+ problems with the sliding doors thats on that circuit

1. Remove the Red/White wires from the driver side fuse box that output from the #7 fuse one at a time and see which one has the current flowing to it and trace the draw down. If one of the sliding doors is having a problem, start by addressing that problem first.

Verify both sliding doors operate, fuse #7 is backup power to the sliding door control units and if there is an issue with any micro switches with the power sliding door, it can cause a battery draw.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not currently behind that fuse box at the moment. I've just pulled the fuse and isolated that as a big draw down.