Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a p1457 code on my 2000 crv ex. Replacing the gas…

Customer Question
I have a p1457...

I have a p1457 code on my 2000 crv ex

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replacing the gas cap

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No i think that should be it

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
7/28/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Ron Z., - Honda Tech - replied 6 months ago
Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today.

Do you happen to have access to any testing equipment like a vacuum pump and scan-tool that can read data in real time?

no all i have is a scanner that came with the code

Ok. To solve this problem will require the use of some testing tools. If you'd like I can give you a little background and I can provide the testing procedure... but unfortunately, there is no 1-answer "it's this..." type of answer here. Would this be ok with you?

nevermind thanks for your time

My apologies. If you'd like to continue on with this at another time, the thread will remain open. Have a great weekend.

HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician