Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Think i blew main fuse on 2013 civic si by installing

Customer Question

think i blew main fuse on 2013 civic si by installing battery backwards. csn/t figure how to get it out
JA: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?
Customer: yes
JA: Are you fixing your Civic Si yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: opened fuse box,see all small fuses but cant figure how to pull main
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

The main fuse is actually a multi fuse block. It contains the blown one plus several more smaller fuses. It's a long black fuse with clear plastic windows to check the fuse. It's secured with 2 screws then pulls straight up and out. You will need to take it to the Honda dealer to match it up. Parts stores don't carry this type of special fuse.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to credit me.
Thank you,
~Honda-Man
Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

It's going to be one of these 2 fuse part numbers. Honda Part No.: 38231-TR0-A01

Honda Part No.: 38232-TS8-A01

Thanks again please remember to rate,

Honda-Man

Thank you,
~Honda-Man