HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2003 honda odyssey over 200,000. all lights on dash came on,

Customer Question

2003 honda odyssey over 200,000. all lights on dash came on , got nre alternator and now the battery light and all door open lights keep blinking on and off(randomly)
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: i can check with my husband but I don't think so
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my husband and friend,, thes checked the battery connections
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
text is best

So you installed a alternator and all this happened?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't really have any answers for you, was just tryiing to get other possibilities to give my husband when he has time to work on the van
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
well the lights came on dash,first ,so the alternator was changed..after driving for a day the battery light and tgeopen door indicators keep blinking but no problem with driving

what voltages are you getting at the battery now while running?