Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My alarm remote won't unoc my car so I used my key and the

Customer Question

My alarm remote won't unoc my car so I used my key and the alarm is now v stuck on and it won't b let v me start the car and it's not the battery in the remote
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: The key is nt at all damaged and yes can move steering wheel
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 96 honda accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: In trying the disconnect one but on the battery and turning the. Ignition and replacing the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Ayeah myself
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Look under the drivers side dash for a button. It's usually installed through a plastic panel. Turn the key to on and then press the button to disable the alarm. If it's a Honda alarm or aftermarket it should have this button. Also look for a small toggle switch. After shutting of the alarm flip the switch. It's a valet switch to further disable the alarm system.

Please navigate to the rating page and provide a rating. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please tell me why so I can continue to help. The rating has nothing to do with when or how you get charged. Rating is how JustAnswer knows when to credit me.
Thank you,
~Honda-Man
Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.

Here is a picture with the location. Hope this helps! Please remember to rate.

Thank you,

Honda-Man