Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

Blower motor stopped. Happened yesterday before church. Came

Customer Question

Blower motor stopped. Happened yesterday before church. Came out from church and it worked ok. Today it stopped again
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Weather is hot so is wife
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2002 honda civic 150 k miles
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses seem ok
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: does low freon cause no blower?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and type out my reply. Sit tight one minute... I'll be right back!

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for holding!

From what you are describing here, it sounds like an electrical issue to the blower motor, or a failing blower motor itself. The blower is located behind the passenger's side dash. The lower insulator panel, PCM and the lower section of the glove compartment will need to be removed to gain access.Once inside, carefully inspect the electrical connector and wire harness for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the inspection checks ok, the blower motor circuit (from control panel to blower) should be tested to ensure the control panel is providing steady current. If the circuit tests ok, suspect a failing blower motor and replacement should solve the problem. Please be kind enough to leave a rating for our Q&A using the 'stars' at the top of the page or click 'Accept' when I have answered all your questions. A 5-star rating is very much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.