Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My XM receiver is not working, cutting in and out, on my

Customer Question

My XM receiver is not working, cutting in and out, on my 2013 Crosstour V6 AWD. I am not certain where to locate it physically, to check the connectors.
JA: Are you fixing your Crosstour yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. I need to actually locate the receiver, first.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to seek expert Honda advice. I am reviewing your question and gathering information. Please standby.

Due to the complexity of the system it will be hard to give an exact answer. I will do my best to help you. I have attached a service article about the rear washer hose grommet. Water can enter there and cause issues with the XM receiver unit. There is also a bulletin about various issues with the audio system. A Honda update disk resolves these issues. Please read the bulletin to see if this may solve your problem? I would look at the XM antenna on the roof too to make sure it's not loose.

Please reply if you need more help so we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the page before exiting the site. Rating does not close out your question or cost extra. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, I will try to give you the best answer possible.
Thank you!
~Honda-Man
Factory trained and ASE certified Honda-BMW tech 30+ years experience.