Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

Ihave a crv 2003 model manual. sometimes it doesnt start.

Customer Question

ihave a crv 2003 model manual. sometimes it doesnt start. but no indication that their is a problem, when i start the switch all no problem with the dashboard all is lit. bt it just dont start.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: yes, i did. and then all of a sudden a long wait it will just start the engine
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes myself, my mechanic cannot detect the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: is it possibel the probelm is in the starter? or in the switch?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Mechanic01 replied 2 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution. As far as phone calls are concerned that is the system prompting you, not me, and they do cost more money, I prefer text but in some cases a phone call is required.

Easiest first test for this is to check voltages at the starter when your having the issue,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i already check volt is 12.8
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
batt was replaced recently
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i just paid 1,2+ when i made a call. cause me another charge?

I dont understand your last question, and if you have voltage at both wires and a solid ground you need a starter

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
check my starter?

yes do you know how to check the starter?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no sir
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
havent check the fuses where is the starter fuse located if there is any

It would located under the hood in the fuse panel, I would check them all just to be safe

Please also note that you are getting 20 years of electrical and mechanical knowledge and experience at a fraction of the cost of a dealer, giving me a rating is the ONLY way im compensated for my time and knowledge, I hope that you will respect this by giving me a 5 star rating as customer satisfaction is my number one goal. You can do this rating at the box on the upper right hand corner. This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free for 3 more weeks!