MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Service Technician
Experience:  28 years of Honda training and a master Honda tech
10834442

Clicking noise in the center console, I opened up the center

Customer Question

clicking noise in the center console
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I opened up the center console and it is coming from the round part under the center console
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2011 Honda piolt
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes ... and no I have not but have watch my ex fix the car before
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the front two vent do not blow air out... all the rest do.. does not matter where a direct the air it comes out in all the other places
Category: Honda
Expert:  MASTER TECH replied 2 months ago.

Hello Welcome to Juat answer I am master tech and will be able to assist you.

this clicking noise is it right at the center of the dash but a tad more near the glow box ?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
well, not sure what the glow box is but the noise is coming from the center console which is between the front two seats. I took the side panel off and took a video of the noise. showed to a friend of mine but could not really see what was going on. I drive to work this morning and it started up again while driving. Never has done that. But it has only been doing the noise for about 4 days. thanks for your help well tried to send the video but would not let me send. hope you can still help

I'm sorry should have said Glove box.

to send the video you will need to up load it on you tube and then paste the link on here.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Made a Youtube video. Hope this works. Jess Moore is the creation page

it's saying the video is unavailable

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
ok... well i am very sorry to waste your time. i just went ahead and talk to a mechanic. its going to cost me around 250 to get it fix. i ask him if i would be able to fix it myself and he said i probably could but if you are not very knowledgeable about this motor then it might be best to have someone that knows what they are doing have it done. so i am going to go ahead and let him do it. thanks for trying to help. Luann

yes, this is what I was getting at the AIR mix Motor will need to be replaced.

that's about the going rate