Shawn Few
Shawn Few ,
Experience:  Lead Tech at F1 Auto Service
99645171

I just bought a used 2001 Honda Accord LE, 4 door. It has a

Customer Question

I just bought a used 2001 Honda Accord LE, 4 door. It has a security system which armed itself whenever I locked the door, as indicated by the flashing light on the driver's door. However I had to have work done on the car. Two o-rings were leaking coolant, and the driver's side rear door latch was loose and wouldn't open the door. The replaced the o-rings, and the hood "seems to be closed", although you have to slam it to close it fully. The rear door latch was secured, but still wouldn't open the door. I noticed the button inside would pop up to unlock and down to lock, but it wasn't down all the way. There was some give when I tried to press down further, but it spung back
up" when I released it. I couldn't open the door from the inside unless it was all the way up. Since this work was done the security system will not activate. Today they replaced the door latch, and the door now opens from the outside. The button inside, however, still has some spring action preventing it from staying all the way down like the other doors' buttons. The security system still will not activate. My previous car was stolen so I need that security system.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The security system in the radio is working, as that light flashes as soon as I remove the key from the ignition. How do I get the main security system working again?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Oh, and when the mechanic finished the work on the cooling system the hood wasn't completely shut. I'd noticed it didn't like to shut. It took me two tries to shut it properly. You have to open it all the way and slam it.
Expert:  Shawn Few replied 2 months ago.

Hey ,how are you
I seen That your post been sitting for a long time without an answer ,I 'm sorry for your long wait without getting an answer till now
I will try to help you on this issue if you have not gotten it resolved yet
Please Let Me Know
Thank You