Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have a 2009 Honda Fit. Key will not come out of the ignition

Customer Question

Have a 2009 Honda Fit. Key will not come out of the ignition without disconnecting battery cable
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: Battery is 2 days old
JA: Are you fixing your Fit yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Would like to do it myself. Just need to know what to fix. Only disconnected battery cable to get key out. Don't know what the problem is
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Key comes right out when battery is disconnected
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

• Although I work here everyday, please understand it is not all day and rarely morning time.
  • To get the most from me and the best experience, please give me the best details you can.
  • The website will offer you a phone call option for more $$. Some I do fulfill and some I do not.
  • Thanks, let's get started.

Here is the wire diagram https://www.dropbox.com/s/1b5ik7l1zi4qvct/shiftlockfit.pdf?dl=0

For the key to release the ignition lock solenoid needs power on the purple wire and ground on the light blue wire. For that to occur the MICU needs to see a ground from the park switch on the red wire. Can you check those?

Now that I have posted a partial or complete answer, you will see you can rate me. The deposit you have already paid is not transferred to me until you rate me. I would like to receive nothing less than 5 star excellent ratings. So if we are not there yet, please reply and let me help more. If you're not pleased, let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent replying. Thanks Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 9 days ago.

Hello Chris here again,

I am checking in to make sure you got everything you expected from my answer. The option to rate my response or reply is still available. I want to make sure you were pleased with what you paid for.

Thanks Chris