Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I Have A Honda Crv 2002..I Got The Head Gasket Fix Last

Customer Question
Yr..New Radiator , New Thermostat...
I Have A Honda Crv 2002..I Got The Head Gasket Fix Last Yr..New Radiator , New Thermostat Housing , New Vtech Gasket..This Morning I Notice Antifreeze Leaked Over Night..Went To Church This a.m & Notice When I Got To My Parents House A Little Smoke Was Coming From Muffler After I Had Been Over There For Like 5hrs..Im Goin Back To Mechanic In a.m..Cause I Just Pick Up My Jeep Friday From Getting The Vtech & Housing Done..Whats Has Went Wrong ???
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
7/3/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution.

So what is the coolant level in the radiator now ? And did it overheat at all?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No It Didnt Over Heat
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The temp was regular ..

So how is the coolant level in the radiator now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Good

If you have smoke coming out of the tail pipe it could be a few things, I have seen a lot of the head gasket repairs fail after a year, which could be coolant getting into the combustion chamber, you could have a valve issue and leaking oil into the cylinder head. You could have a fuel issue as well.

Do you have any other questions?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok im praying its not the head gasket, that was so high $$$$...And Its Not smoking every day & i notice antifreeze one time since i picked it up friday...but i will keep u posted

That sounds good, I will be here.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 start rating would be appreciated very much . This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.