Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I Have A Honda Crv 2002..I Got The Head Gasket Fix Last

Customer Question
Yr..New Radiator , New Thermostat...
I Have A Honda Crv 2002..I Got The Head Gasket Fix Last Yr..New Radiator , New Thermostat Housing , New Vtech Gasket..This Morning I Notice Antifreeze Leaked Over Night..Went To Church This a.m & Notice When I Got To My Parents House A Little Smoke Was Coming From Muffler After I Had Been Over There For Like 5hrs..Im Goin Back To Mechanic In a.m..Cause I Just Pick Up My Jeep Friday From Getting The Vtech & Housing Done..Whats Has Went Wrong ???
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Honda
7/3/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician replied 10 months ago
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and come back with a answer. Please be aware I do not know your skill level or abilities so I will be asking a lot of questions and in a lot of cases we will respond to each other quite a lot before we find a solution.

So what is the coolant level in the radiator now ? And did it overheat at all?

No It Didnt Over Heat
The temp was regular ..

So how is the coolant level in the radiator now?

Good

If you have smoke coming out of the tail pipe it could be a few things, I have seen a lot of the head gasket repairs fail after a year, which could be coolant getting into the combustion chamber, you could have a valve issue and leaking oil into the cylinder head. You could have a fuel issue as well.

Do you have any other questions?

Ok im praying its not the head gasket, that was so high $$$$...And Its Not smoking every day & i notice antifreeze one time since i picked it up friday...but i will keep u posted

That sounds good, I will be here.

Customer satisfaction is my number one goal. Giving me a 5 start rating would be appreciated very much . This will not close our chat session and at no extra charge we will still be able to talk about any other issues you may have for free! Providing a rating is the only way I will receive credit for my work with you.

Mechanic01
Mechanic01
Mechanic01, ASE Certified Technician