Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 2001 accord. Fuel pump relay wont kick in and I

have no spark at the...
I have a 2001 accord. Fuel pump relay wont kick in and I have no spark at the plugs someone told me about a imodilizer may need rest?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: the car has a vteck with 125000 on it it was chaged 6 mths ago the original had 280000 on it
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: it has new fuel pump we jump relay and fuel pump runs take jumper out and pump don't run when ignition is turned on.It also has no spark
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2017
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I am very sorry your having this issue with your vehicle.

I will try my best to answer all of your questions.

However, before we get started, please let me mention a few things.

1. If at any point you would like to speak on the phone, please feel free to request a phone call on your end and I can call you right away.

2. If you dont understand any technical terms or anything that I mention (component tests or theory or operation), please let me know and I will provide you with a more in debt explanation or answer.

3. Please understand that I am here to help you any way I can.

Does the check engine light come on with the key on for two seconds?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Are all of the fuses good?

What size engine do you have?

all fuses are good It started after my grand daughter had a emergency stop.She made it home turned car of and has not started since. It wasnet getting fuel to the fuel rail so we nreplaced fuel pump. we put a new fuel relay in and turned ignition on and relay didn't kick in so we jumped it then fuel pump would run. however car wouldn't start so we checked for spark and had none

Thank you

What size engine do you have?

no I will type
2.2 vteck I think I think check engine doesn't com on

Can you please double check this for me?

the car is on the other side of town and the vteck is the small one I'm pretty sure check engine light doesn't come on
\
I was wondering if maybe it has somekind of reset because of the stop she made.

No, there is no reset on the vehicle from the factory. Unless of course there is an aftermarket alarm or security system installed on the vehicle. However, It sounds like the PCM or main engine computer is not powered up so of course the engine will not start. You will need to verify all powers and grounds going into the computer with the key on This includes all powers from all fuses, ignition switch and fusible links. It could simply be a wiring issue preventing the PCM from powering up. However, if all checks out good going into the PCM, the PCM is likely at fault and will need to be replaced.

ok that is what we were thinking but just wanred to make sure

I am glad I can help!

Please don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STARS or SMILEY FACES" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

You should see the rating system towards the top of the page.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician
Amedee
Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Technician