Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

96 honda accord, fuel pump doesn't turn on during wet

96 honda accord, fuel...

96 honda accord, fuel pump doesn't turn on during wet weather. you have to turn the key on and wait.I've replaced master relay, and the fuel pressure regulater off of my now dead 96 honda accord. and it still does it. never left me stranded , just aggrivating. thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?

Park

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

When i went to buy the car from an individual, 30 miles away, got there called him and he said it wouldn't start. i was pissed. he called after i got home and offerd to reduce the price, sso we went back up there and bought the car. worried, mainly because they had put a different stereo system in it and maybe that is the problem, but after getting online it seems other people have the same problem. it will start and run, nevers dies after starting. it just takes a while for the fuel pump to kick on during wet weater

6/18/2017
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Any issue with water leaking into the trunk when it rains? I ran across a 98 Accord that had a leak into the trunk and the water drained from a seam in the trunk onto the fuel pump harness and caused this condition

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not that I've noticed, thinking fuel pressure regulator, or it's connections. After it starts don't seem to have a problem until you shut it off again. But not every time?