Ricardo Hohl
Ricardo Hohl, Master Certified Tech
Experience:  Automotive instructor at Porter and Chester institute
14457476

The engine will start but will shut down in 2 to three

Customer Question

The engine will start but will shut down in 2 to three secods. We plugged in the fault code reader and it will start and run every time. pull the reader out and it will die and not start agqain
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: I put a new battery in the car and we had a battery charger running the whole time.
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 Honda CRV
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I bought it from a body shop. It had minor damage below the right headlight. I am new to Honda vehicles and he is doing all of the work. He is well known in the community as a good mechanic and body man.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ricardo Hohl replied 4 months ago.

Good Morning and welcome to just answers . My name is Ricardo. have you check for codes stored on the computer ?