Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

2006 Honda civic 12 volt battery wont recharge, it is a

Customer Question

2006 Honda civic 12 volt battery wont recharge
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: it is a brand new battery and voltage is 13.6+
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I try to do all my own repairs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have reconditioned my IMA battery several times successfully with a grid charger and done a full discharge with the recharges
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the battery will not recharge with it in the vehicle with the vehicle running this may be a fault with the alternator or possibly wiring to the battery an issue needing repaired.If you have not had the fault codes checked/read out at all this should be done using a fully compatible scan tool that will plug in and can communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set then need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete