shawn patrick
shawn patrick,
Experience:  Owner at Baltic investments
99232115

I have a 2017 honda civic, I changed the wire harness and I

Customer Question

I have a 2017 honda civic, I changed the wire harness and I am unable to start the car after
JA: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?
Customer: well the battery is drained but I have a jumper on it
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when I bridge and bypass I get it to start but no acceleration from the pedal
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the most it will do is go to acc mode and radio and everything else work but it won't start
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it Is a push to start
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  shawn patrick replied 1 month ago.

what wire harness did you change and why

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The harness to the ecu from the fuse box. It had got damaged prior.

I would get a full charge on the battery and go from there

Please also note that customer satisfaction is my number one goal and rating this chat session 5 stars will keep the chat open for further follow up questions you may have.

CLICK HERE for rating system example.

Please read this:

Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.

1. I am an independent FACTORY DEALER auto mechanic and do not work for Just Answer.

2. When you're pleased or happy with my assistance or efforts to help you, at the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say "I'm satisfied".

3. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have the booster pack on it

was your harness plug and play or did you splice wires?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Put back in one for one

I would do a factory reset charge the battery to full capacity and try again, do you have access to a scanner that would be able to get into the pcm?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
how do you do a factory reset and i dont have a scanner that can get into the pcm.

You remove the negative cable let it sit for 30 mins and before reconnecting it touch it to the positive side and that should drain the system and all voltage in it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Would I need to reprogram anything after that ?

no that does a simple reprogram on the computer and it should relearn after you get it started if that is the case.

also how are you bypassing and getting it to start?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my key is good and I bought a new battery as well. I am hearing that because I had the eco unplugged and the battery the car can be in anti theft mode. How would I go about getting it out of that mode. the brake light is flashing and the red light in the left corner keeps flashing as well.

Is this the original key that came with the car? the red light would indicate that the key is not programed to the vehicle

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
it's the original key, but I am able to unlock/lock the vehicle and get the car to position 2 to turn on the lights and radio etc.

At this point I would think the car would need to be reprogramed, ill see if we can get a second opinion from one of the other honda techs,