Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2005 Honda Element AWD, Yes, it does not start. I

Customer Question

Good morning! I have a 2005 Honda Element AWD
JA: Are you fixing your Element yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, it does not start. I had the battery checked and it had 99% charge. I got a replacement battery. Just in case.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: Still not starting. the starter does not appear to click either. Or it is very faint.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No there is no leaking fluid from either. The fresh battery yields the same results. The car has had jumps recently even with every light and option turned off and nothing plugged in.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Even if the starter is not clicking or is faint this can indicate the starter itself at fault.I have seen several starters fail and cause this issue here needing replaced.I can walk you through the testing so we can verify that this is the cause.This will require a test light or multi meter to do this testing.If you would like the info on how to do this let me know.Also in some cases you can have an assistance tap on the starter with a hammer lightly while you try and start it and if it starts then the starter needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete