Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 2009 Honda CRV and the seats belts locked up

Customer Question
causing airbag sensor to come...
I have a 2009 Honda CRV and the seats belts locked up causing airbag sensor to come on. The airbags did not deploy. The vehicle has not been in a front end collision. Both front airbags were replaced as part of a recall within the last 2 years. Could this be related
JA: Just to clarify, how fast were you going and what did you hit?
Customer: I did not hit anything
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not fixing it. I have had it in a body shop and they performed a diagnostic. There is no signs of impact to the front or undercarriage
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Honda
5/17/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 8 months ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

If the airbag replacement was related to the seat belts locking up, they would have triggered the seat belts within a day or two of installation, not a year or more later. So this would not be covered by Honda as there is no relation between the two.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager