Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Sorry, I was robbed of ignition keys and can't pay you for

Customer Question
an answer. JA: The Honda Mechanic's...
sorry, I was robbed of ignition keys and can't pay you for an answer.
JA: The Honda Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: it matters not. I lost a finger in January, was hit by a car in April, ripped off by two husbands to the tune of 400,000k in last 10 years, been hit by 2 tornadoes, a 5.3 earthquake, had 17 broken bones, punctured lung, titantium leg, 6 concusions and been DEAD TWICE. I am on disability and cnnot afford food.
JA: Is the key stripped or worn?
Customer: STOLEN
JA: What is the model of your '10 Honda?
Customer: Got new key cut but dumbass at pop a lock could not reprogram as ring is loose. Never tried to tighten, replace or bypass transponder.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yeah, I'm A tiny chick with no support whatsoever. I got the ring section off the steering column, it cranks, just wont start. Keys work in locks fine.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't pay.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
5/12/2017
Mechanic for Honda: corey walker, Auto Mechanic replied 6 months ago
corey walker
corey walker, Auto Mechanic

you have an immobilizer and your car will never start with a honda computer to program that key. sorry

where are you from? maybe we can work something out

Tis a 2005 Honda Element. The Previous re-cut key worked FINE. The Ring with the antennae is loose and you had to hold it in (very dif when cut off finger & riding bike for 3 months hit by car). Internet says I can solder loop and have key talk to key instead of transponder. We are talking about an ELEVEN year old car here.... stolen, big deal.... Husband just left and stole money and freightliner. I'm in a pickle. I need a not-so-on the level mechanic that can just get this giant paperweight rolling.
I can take a call if it WILL work and I need list of tools necessary to accomplish... Only took screwdrivers one Philips and one flat to remove ring. Keys FINE. Open doors, crank engine. Just need lil bitch to give me some gas.If can get running I can pay or borrow, if can't be certain. cant.
snack cake (Lil deby - freightliner handle)
I'm no dumbass, I work on the freightliner all the time and can rebuild a 4 barrel carburetor and a HOUSE.
same day as kicking assclown hubby outta house! lol.
chicks rock

does the green key flash on the dash and you try and start it.

green key flashes.
butthat was before removing ring. Now sits quietly like a lil girl.

so that key, means the immobilizer is not recognizing the key. and disables the power to the ECU.

we replace, destroy ECU. Easy enough.

you cannot remove the immobilizer as this will cut power to ecu also. i really want to help you but you need to disable this immobilizer and the only way is with a key the car recognizes or a computer to program the new key.

if you were to go to the junk yard and find a element with a key, an ignition and ecu that would work

know anyone in Tulsa, OK w/a computer will do this? Ihave 5, I'll trade.
If solder loop on immobilizer wont it make the key talking to immobilizer when looking in mirror?
THINK talkin to immobilizer whenlooking in mirror (worry, finger f*cke up.)

im gunna opt out to have someone else help you, i just wanted to let you know what i know. I dont want you to waste too much time, or possibly save you from destroying your car just to find out it wont work. sorry :(

what I figured. Thanks. Can find one but have to ride bike 5-10 miles, am 53 and got hit by d driver last wed.

OKLAFREAKINGHOMANS ARE STUPID. *******@gmail.com

YOU got a CDL, cute and not too old??? BLAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician