Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Only front driver window will open or close, 2007 Honda

Customer Question
Only front driver window will...
Only front driver window will open or close
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2007 Honda Odyssey EX
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: If I can fix it I will. I tried resetting the windows.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Prior to this happening the front passenger lock would not engage with remote or from panel on driver's side - only manually. That corrected itself after several weeks, but I hear the doors locking several times when I drive. Now the window issue.
Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Honda
5/8/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Todd M, ASE Certified Technician replied 6 months ago
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. Give me just a moment, please, in order to review a few things.

I have check the circuits on this vehicle, and judging by the information that you have given, I believe the MICU(control unit) for the system has failed. This unit control various functions including power windows and locks. Give me a moment to check for information on this unit.

I am also going to provide relay location for the power windows. If this relay fails, I believe it will create your issue.

Here, I am providing location and testing information for the MICU unit. I am suspecting this to be the root issue.

Also, for the immediate issue of the window, you can try the relay. If the relay proves good, then I would have the door switch and the MICU inspected and replaced as needed.

If you require more information on this issue and/or are not satisfied, let me know, please, and I will attempt to assist you further on this. I hope this information points you in the right direction. If you have any further questions or concerns on this issue, feel free to ask. If you are satisfied, and have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

A positive rating does not close the session. We will still be able to communicate and I will continue to assist you with this issue as needed

Todd M
Todd M
Todd M, ASE Certified Technician