Honda

Have Honda questions? Ask a Honda repair expert.

I need a wiring diagram for a 1999 honda crv speed sensor,

Customer Question
I need a wiring...

I need a wiring diagram for a 1999 honda crv speed sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to see about that diagram for your Honda CR-V. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

What kind of voltage should be coming from the wires?

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
4/1/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Master Auto Tech., master tech. replied 1 year ago
Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.

Give me one moment and I will get the diagram for you. May I ask what the issue is that you are having?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I accidentally pulled the wires out of the connector and broke one of the pins in the sensor when pulling the engine and trans out. I have the replacement but do not know the wiring configuration. Also need to know what voltage should read on these wires.

Vehicle Speed Sensor (VSS) How the Circuit Works

With the ignition switch in ON (II) or START (III), battery voltage is supplied through fuse 15 and the BLK/WHT and BLK/YEL wire to the vehicle speed sensor (VSS). The sensor is grounded by the BLK wire to G101. The speedometer and other control units in the circuit supply about 5 volts to the BLU/WHT wire. The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) intermittently grounds the BLU/WHT wire which generates a pulsed signal in it. The number of pulses per minute increases/decreases with the speed of the car.

give me a min and I will get the connector and wiring diagram

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just the diagram and voltage

ok the voltages are battery voltage on the blk/yel wire. Ground on the Black wire. and 5V ref. on the Black/white wire. Getting the diagram now

please remember to give me a positive rating.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it appears that ground is the middle terminal on the sensor and the outside terminals are carrying power and signal?

no if you look at the numbers by the wires at the vss, that is the position. so the ground is #1 slot

the blk/yel wire should be center

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great, Thank You!

it's my pleasure. is there anything else I can do to give 5 star service?

Do you still need help with this?

Please let me know.

Did my advice help? If so would you leave a positive rating for me?

But if you still need help please let me know and I'll continue to help.

Thanks

Sonny

Do you still need help with this? Please let me know.