HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

When I started to merge on to the highway my 07 Accord

Customer Question

When I started to merge on to the highway my 07 Accord started to run rough and I noticed the check engine light blinking. As I let off the gas to try to make it to the shoulder the light went off and the engine smoothed out? It was sub zero out and I decided to keep going. When I was close to home I was able to duplicate stepping on the gas and getting the same results.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: Blinked and then stopped and goes off
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I think I'll take it in. I'm just looking for ideas of what the problem could be. With the light not staying on seems to be a problem for the mechanic and I don't want to take a chance on doing any damage driving it?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It has 73,600 mile on it, When I bought it it had 68,000. It had two previous owners and the last one didn't drive it for a few years.
Category: Honda
Expert:  david craig replied 9 months ago.

Hi Im David, you are experiencing a hard misfire under load which can be caused by a weak coil pack. but in order to find out which one you need to put a code reader ob the diagnostic connector to find out. if you dont have one, go to autozone and they will do it for free. write the code/s dowwn and let me know what they are.

just checking in to see how its going

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I'll find out more tomorrow, worked today.

ok, please keep me updated. thanks

do you still need assistance?