Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a 2006 Honda Pilot with 129,000 miles. I just had a

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Honda Pilot with 129,000 miles. I just had a new radiator installed about one month ago. Last night my engine malfunction lamp came on and stayed on the entire 12 mile trip home. I'm looking through the owners manual and it states that it may be an emissions control problem. Also about a month ago the catalytic converter "metal guard" came off due to rust, but my mechanic told me it was no big deal. Any idea what the issue may be?
JA: Has the vehicle been "scoped out"?
Customer: What is scoped out?
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No sending to a mechanic.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only other thing is after the new radiator was installed in beginning of December, the radiator hose came out causing my engine to over heat. I had to get towed to mechanic and have new hose installed. This was about two weeks ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer, my name is ***** ***** master tech here to help. I cannot see or hear your vehicle so I rely on your input to my questions so I can help you better.I read your notes to what has happened and have a suggestion for you before we start.Can you get or have someone read a code from the ECU . when the engine light comes on that means the ECU has detected a malfunction in one of the many systems it monitors and stored a trouble code to help diagnose which system it is. So before you take it to a shop you can send me the code to see if we can solve it first.