HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Someone try to steel my 06 accord and jammed the drivers

Customer Question

Someone try to steel my 06 accord and jammed the drivers side door key hole. I piped the door open, but now the alarm is going off and I can't turn it off. Unfortunately I bought the car used and don't have a remote. Any ideas?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Because someone tried to steel the car today. They damaged the key hole and now the doesn't go into unlock or lock the door.
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just unlocked the door the a wire hanger and disconnected the battery to stop the alarm.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if I can turn off off the alarm or reset it with out taking it to the dealership tonight.
Category: Honda
Expert:  EricFromCT replied 6 months ago.

Hi. You really do need a key in the drivers door or remote fob to reset the alarm. But there is another thing to try. Disconnect the battery. Then turn the ignition key to the ON position. Then reconnect the battery and see if the alarm will reset. Try that and let me know.