HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

The door open buzzer/alarm is constantly on when I am in

Customer Question

the door open buzzer/alarm is constantly on when I am in reverse or driving ( doors are obviously closed)
JA: Is it your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 09 odyssey
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just occurred about 30 mins ago when I went to the store. Hubby and I looked at it. Opened and closed all doors a couple of times but noise is still there.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I am a Honda/Acura only service technician of 10 years so I know the brand well and have lots of experience with sliding door issues. Please give me a few while I write up a response. Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not see a response yet. Received an email starting that was one but don't see it.

very sorry. I got busy and forgot about this question. Give me few while I get settled in at work,

been hectic, so sorry. I am working on your response and I'll get back with you by 8:30 p.m eastern. Thanks

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

Aright, sorry for the delay. I have lots of experience with sliding door issues. The problem here is most likely a faulty rear latch assembly. We need to determine which door is causing the buzzer to sound. Has one of the doors been giving trouble with not opening or closing electronically?