Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

We have a check engine light coming on. We had a local parts

Customer Question
store put it on a...
We have a check engine light coming on. We had a local parts store put it on a computer and it gave us 2 codes - P0420 & 61-1.
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: It was intermittent last week, but seems to be on consistently right now.
JA: What is the model of your '61 Honda?
Customer: It is a 2007 Honda Pilot.
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We just replaced the battery. Noticed the code shortly after that. I'm not very mechanical.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need to know what the codes are so we can determine if it is safe to drive or if it needs taken to a mechanic. We live in a small town an hour away from any dealership.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
1/4/2017
Mechanic for Honda: Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist replied 1 year ago
Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist

hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be glad to assist you. please allow me a couple of minutes to gather some basic info.

Roy

the codes are for the cat converter. the converter is worn out and the materials inside are not doing there job anymore.

you dont need a dealer for this. any repair shop can perform this repair and they will be considerably cheaper.

Roy

Roy

Roy

Roy
Roy
Roy, Import/Domestic Specialist