Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

PUT A DISTRIBUTOR IN INT AND NEED TO RELEARN THE IDLE, 2001

Customer Question

PUT A DISTRIBUTOR IN INT AND NEED TO RELEARN THE IDLE
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 2001 2.0 ON THE ENGINE
JA: What is the model of your '01 Honda?
Customer: CRV
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO I HAVE A REPAIR SHOP AND I HAVE A TECH OFF SICK. TRYING TO DO HERE AT THE SHOP
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Honda
Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

Here you go:

2001 Honda Truck CR-V LX 2WD L4-1972cc 2.0L DOHC MFI
save-icon.png Save Article

ECM/PCM Idle Learn Procedure

1. Start the engine. Hold the engine at 3,000 rpm with no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on.
2. Let the engine idle for approx. 5 minutes under the following conditions:
- Transmission in Park or neutral
- A/C switch OFF
- Headlights OFF
- Rear defogger OFF

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT/3 STARS OR HIGHER today. Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better. All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please remember to rate service using the separate rating page. Thank you

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.
~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?
If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.

Expert:  Eric replied 9 months ago.

At this time, unless you have a related followup question on this at this time, please click the OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE 3 STARS OR HIGHER to pay for services rendered per your customer agreement as this is a PAYSITE and experts are not paid for their time, services, or knowledge until you do so. Thank you.