david craig
david craig, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  owner/mechanic at 3D Automotive
4993992

Red light flashing on instrument panel next to tack when I

Customer Question

red light flashing on instrument panel next to tack when I lock the car. 2016 accord sedan sport
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: Tts not on the diagram, its just below the left turn arrow. it blinks about 4 times then goes steady.
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No just bought it today. shut the car off, got out and locked it. was watching to see how long different lights stayed on. when all shut down the light started up. turns off when I unlock. only when locked.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Honda
Expert:  david craig replied 7 months ago.

Hi Im David, that totally normal. its the theft deterrent light. if flashes while its arming then goes steady when its armed.

please accept the answer and leave a 5 star rating for me if you were satisfied with my assistance. thank you. happy holidays.