HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2007 Honda Accord V6 automatic. Battery is less than three

Customer Question

2007 Honda Accord V6 automatic. Battery is less than three months old. Reading 12.75 volts with 640 cranking amps. Alternator is less than one year old. No problems until my wife tried to leave Chick Fllet and turns the key then nothing. No clicks. Nothing. LIghts all come on and work.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: The car is in Park.
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is still at Chick Filet. AAA is on the way to perhaps do a tow. I am a master watchmaker and do all the maintenance on both our cars myself. I have tested the battery with a volt meter and amp meter. 12.75 volts and 640 cranking amps.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know what I could do to get it started. I am very mechanical and have lots of tools, so make sure he is aware that I can do most of the troubleshooting.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

The first step is checking voltage at the small wire on the starter while the key is in the start position. You may have a bad starter solenoid, relay, blown fuse, wiring or ignition switch problem.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

I can help you troubleshoot this issue. Do you have a wiring diagram of the starting circuit?