Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I installed a new stereo in my 2007 CR-V and the heat and AC

Customer Question
don't work now. JA: Have you...
I installed a new stereo in my 2007 CR-V and the heat and AC don't work now.
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: yes. No leaking
JA: Are you fixing your CR-V yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, doing it myself. The heat and ac control module in the dash has the clips broken on it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I can think of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
11/28/2016
Mechanic for Honda: david carrier,
 replied 1 year ago
david carrier

Hi this is dave from just answer, and I'm here to help with your Honda.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you. Do you need additional information?
Mechanic for Honda: david carrier,
 replied 1 year ago

Did you install an aftermarket radio in the vehicle?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did
Mechanic for Honda: david carrier,
 replied 1 year ago

was the heat and a/c giving you any problems prior to the radio installation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The AC wasn't blowing very cold but the heat was working perfectly.
Mechanic for Honda: david carrier,
 replied 1 year ago

so right now you don't have at blower motor operation at all? Do the lights come on the panel for the heat and a/c unit

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The lights come on the panel and it blows air. It's just blowing air the same temperature as the air outside.
Mechanic for Honda: david carrier,
 replied 1 year ago

Did your crv come with stock navigation or just the standard radio

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The standard radio
Mechanic for Honda: david carrier,
 replied 1 year ago

Did you install it yourself or was it done by a stereo store?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I installed it myself.
Mechanic for Honda: david carrier,
 replied 1 year ago

It sounds like something got unplugged on the heater box that is behind the dash or possibly on the heater control panel that is directly below. also just look at all the fuses under the dash to make sure they are not blown. Sometimes during radio installs if there is an accidental short of a wire its will blow a fuse. The Honda crv does not have many problems with the heat and a/c systems on those so the highest probability is that something became unplugged accidently or shorted.

Mechanic for Honda: david carrier,
 replied 1 year ago

Did you happen to look into the problem at all yet i never heard back from you?

david carrier
david carrier
david carrier