Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

My lock is broken, and i opened the trunk and the alarm went

Customer Question
off JA: Have you tried locking...
my lock is broken, and i opened the trunk and the alarm went off
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: the lock does not work
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2003 honda accord now the alarm keeps going on and off
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have just tried to open it and the trunk
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is all
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/25/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- the Trunk switch has a built in alarm switch ,so if it broke the system think it is open an keep triggering the alarm, go to junk yard or ebay and order another one and replace the system should reset , as long as that is the only issue in the system

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2003-2007-Honda-Accord-2004-2008-Acura-TL-Trunk-Latch-Rear-Deck-Lid-Lock-/262727435521?hash=item3d2bc68501:g:WPsAAOSwHMJYMemU&vxp=mtr

2-a diagnostic scan using Honda scanner or equivalent be best here ,so you can narrow it down & be more accurate, but if issue starter after trunk lock issue ,most likely that will fix it

please let me know

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue

If you are good, Please Kindly Rate Me.

A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated

If you feel I have not been helpful Please DO NOT RATE ME BAD OR POOR (1 or 2 stars) ,You can always ask me again or I can opt out of your question & open it for another expert ,that will provide you with more or better assistance on this issue

Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.

you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue

(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)

Thank You
Chad Farhat

Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat