Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I need the brake code for my 2005 Acura MDX. I'm trying to

Customer Question
I need the brake code...
I need the brake code for my 2005 Acura MDX.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No, I'm trying to track one down
JA: Are you fixing your ZDX yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, trying to just get it to town. The car is stuck in park and won't start. Used that little key slot to get it into neutral still won't start The key light battery and oil light are on when we try to start it. The battery is fine it has oil and we had a duplicate key made and it still won't start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are there any resets we could do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
11/24/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Dan, ASE Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, ASE Master Technician

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Disconnect both battery cables (positive and negative) and clamp or use a jumper wire to hold them together, turn key to on position and let it sit for 10 minutes. Then turn ignition off and remove key, reconnect battery cables at a time, positive first then negative. This should reset the system.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Great, I'll let you know if it doesn't work

ok

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately it didn't work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Anything else you could recommend?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could we get the brake code and try it?

You need a scan tool that can access the immobilizer system and check for codes, this would be the next step.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The scan tool was unable to make a connection. Any other suggestions?

Check all fuses if you are unable to connect with the scan tool.

A blown fuse can cause a no communication problem.

Hello again Dan here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated.

This question is coming up on 7 days which means it will time out and close.

You have already paid to get this question answered, but you have not rated.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else I can help you with?

If I did not give you 5 star service, please let me know what I missed.

Dan, ASE Master Technician