Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Chad. still with the 2014 Odyssey that did not want to start

Customer Question
Hello Chad. still with the 2014...
Hello Chad.
still with the 2014 Odyssey that did not want to start after a year sitting. I tried what you suggested, take the terminals off the battery, hold them together........
it didn't work. No spark at the plugs either...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
11/22/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

hey how are you

1- have you inspected CKP crank shaft position sensor

2- on the ignition coil ,is power & ground ?

3- have you checked all fuses

4- any security light flashing on dash ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i'll bring the car home today (is in the shop) and i will check all of these. No flashing light on the dash....

ok sounds good , i m online till late tonight

so just let me know

Chad

hey ,just checking on you & see if you need additional help on it

Please let me know if you need anything else on it, just reply back and we will continue
A 5 Star Rating is much Appreciated
Please keep in mind that when you rate me , it does not end our conversation.
you can always come back to this conversation and ask me any follow up question you may have on this issue
(you can copy this link page & paste it in your browser when ready and it will open up our conversation again)
Thank You
Chad Farhat

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
i did not solve anything...... i'll get back to you when i have the car home
thanks

ok, i m sorry to hear that

I m signing off now for the rest of the week till Monday

so i m going to opt out of your question and open it for other expert to assist you on it ,so you want be waiting on me and they can further assist you on it .

happy holidays

good luck to you

Chad

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no need for it. I will also take a break till monday ...
have a good weekend !!!
Mechanic for Honda: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hi. yes i do.

What exactly is it doing when trying to start the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just cranks, no signs of starting.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to check for fault codes. Has this been done?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nope, not yet. i'll do it later on today....i'll get back to you.

Ok.

sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician