Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I recently clean throttle body on my civic. Since then, I

Customer Question
got P0507 for high rpm...
I recently clean throttle body on my civic. Since then, I got P0507 for high rpm at idle. I did relearn a few times and checked all hoses, but found nothing. Any suggestion?
JA: How many miles are on the car? What size is the engine?
Customer: 140K with 1.8L
JA: What year is your Civic?
Customer: 2006 LX sedan, A/T
JA: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Cleared the code with a scanner. Tried ECM idle relearn per other's suggestion. Replaced MAP sensor.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
11/21/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Ron, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Ron, ASE Certified Technician

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Did you do the relearn with a compatible scan tool?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used AutoLink AL319. It monitors RPM and coolant temp.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Some people online say I have to go to dealer and reset the computer. Is it the only way? Can dealer really fix this problem?

Have a look at the steps in the link below and see if your scan tool will allow you to do it this way.In some aftermarket scan tools, the reset is found under functional tests.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Idle%20reset%20Nov%2021.pdf

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My scanner does not have such a function. A mechanic can do this, I assume?

Yes if they have a compatible scan tool they can. In 99% of all cases this code sets after a cleaning and the reset is the fix.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I released the gas pedal, the RPM goes down to idle range (~700-800) and then it went up. Is this something to do with the fact that throttle plate position is different from what the ECM/PCM has before?

Its usually due to the computer having the closed throttle position stored and those need to be cleared so it can relearn the new ones since the cleaning.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What do you think the reasonable cost to do this at mechanic?

Most shops will charge you right at 1/2 hour in labor based on there flat rate hourly charge.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay. I'll go to a mechanic and let you know what happen.

Sure thing, Im here if need be. Please take a moment to rate my service at the top right hand side of the page so I can get credit for my time, the question remains open for follow up even after doing so, all you need to do is return to this question if need be.

Thank you again.

Ron, ASE Certified Technician