eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase technician
6149662

I have a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid. It has 235,000 mile with

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Honda Accord Hybrid. It has 235,000 mile with automatic transmission. My car had run ok despite the IMA and check engine soon light for the past several moths. Something went different though and suddenly when I tried starting it one morning and it didnt start. It crank but wouldnt start. I left alone for an hour or two and tried again and it started. All the lights work, radio, console, etc. So it was ok for another couple of days without any issues then one morning again it started doing the same thing, it started a little bit but this time it wouldnt reverse although it can move forward. So i turn it off to try and restart it to see if that would correct a problem but this time it wouldnt start anymore and just hear a blur sound with console light displaying partly on and off and a little bit of clicking sound. I waited for a couple of hours again hoping it would start this time but stil would not start. Do you know whats causing this ? There is oil and transmission fluid and battery connection is tight.
Category: Honda
Expert:  eauto replied 10 months ago.

does the starter click? any battery corrosion?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
it clicks and no battery corrosion
Expert:  eauto replied 10 months ago.

sounds like a bad starter.. a bad starter will cause minor electrical issues...i would start with checking the starter and connections..starter replacement is likley the fix