Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

Someone stole it and had been using some wires from fuse box

Customer Question
to start it and disable...
Someone stole it and had been using some wires from fuse box to start it and disable it so a key wouldnt start it.i now have car back and it wont start just cranks but wont turn over
JA: Can you turn the steering wheel at all? And what about the key? Is it worn or damaged?
Customer: I can turn wheel and key a little worn
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2001 honda accord
JA: Are you fixing your Accord yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried fuel pump replacement and new fuses and spark plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think thats it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 day by:
11/12/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have any ideas why it won't start. It cranks over like it wants to start

First off we need to figure out what is not working to trace that wiring to see what they damaged. Can you confirm there is fuel pressure, ignition spark, and injector pulse.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it has all that

Since you have all of these things that can only mean the timing has jumped and there is no or low compression.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just reset timing and how do I raise compression?

If the engine is not internally damaged. Correctly timing it will raise the compression back up. They could of driven the car till it overheated and blew the head gaskets or warped the heads or they could of over reved it and damaged the pistons and cylinder walls. Checking compression is next.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok I will do that tomorrow...Thank you and I sure hope this works

Your welcome, are you pleased with my help?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that's an answer nobody has come up with yet and if it works you have saved me a lot of money

You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok and thank you I will let you no tomorrow if that works

Super

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Its been 7 days? Well just finished up on the timing and it still won't start

The 17th at 8:12pm is the seventh day.

Will it at least crank?

Is the fuel pressure good, is the ignition spark occurring, is there fuel injector pulse occurring, will it start briefly using starting fluid?

What is the compression reading on each cylinder?

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician