Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I'm trying to replace the TCM on my 02 Honda Odyssey. Where

Customer Question

Hello, I'm trying to replace the TCM on my 02 Honda Odyssey. Where is it located?
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I just got the tcm, I was told it is a plug & play part. all I needed to do was remove and replace?
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 2002 honda odyssey
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

According to the info I have located on this it looks to be up under the dash on the drivers side.It should be to the left of the brake pedal bracket area.If you are unable to locate it here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Some of these models the TCM is part of the PCM itself as it is an all in one computer.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I looked in the area under the dash that you described and none of the modules looked like the one I bought. Is it right there for me to see or do I have to remove something to see it?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

Are you sure you bought the correct module for your vehicles VIN number as some of these models transmissions were controlled by a PCM (powertrain control module) that controls both the engine and transmission.Let me know,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is this 26.00 charge in addition to the money you already charged?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
to talk on the phone?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

We can continue here for what we have done already.

Let me know if this is o.k.,thanks Pete

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
That could be the problem Pete, they never asked for my VIN. When I look under the dash I see a bunch of modules but none a big as the one I bought
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

The best thing to do here is contact a Honda dealers parts department with your vehicles VIN and they can tell you for sure if this has a TCM or PCM.They can usually tell you over the phone as well at no charge where they are located.If you find this out and need the location of the PCM let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete