Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

I have odyssey EXL, 2005, I get fault on my passenger slide

Customer Question

I have odyssey EXL, 2005, I get fault on my passenger slide door. It doesn't open automatically. When i reset it, it works for about 3 to 10 times and same thing happens again
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have removed the panel, sprayed lubricant
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i have taken out the actuator, and lubed it placed it back..nothing changed
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

The rear door rollers are probably broken, they are plastic and will commonly break causing this problem. You will need to remove the rear tail light assembly, remove the panel above the track on the quarter panel. Support the rear of the door and replace the roller. There are cables that attach to it from the motor as well. Its not that hard to replace. I have seen this many times.

Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
it the rollers are broken, then why would it work after resetting it?
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

Open the door, try moving the door forwards and backwards, if you have movement then its the rollers.

They will bind intermittently but the door will still work.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if the rollers are broken, then why would it work after resetting it?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Dan replied 8 months ago.

You can see them with a flashlight with the door open.