Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

2006 civic hybrid. Had a code p0404 for an egr issue.

Customer Question
2006 civic hybrid. Had...
2006 civic hybrid. Had a code p0404 for an egr issue. Replaced egr valve. Still won't idle but egr is working now. I did the relearn procedure. Just logged a pending code P2279 air intake leak.
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: Local driving. I don't see anything wrong with the hoses.
JA: Are you fixing your Civic Hybrid yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Car ran idled fine until yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just replaced egr valve.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
10/27/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Fixitman, Technician /Advisor replied 1 year ago
Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor

Hello, my name is***** need to start by making sure that the air flow meter in the intake is installed correctly and is plugged in. If it is then check the air intake tube before and after the air filter. I have seen it collapse and cause this problem.

Fixitman
Fixitman
Fixitman, Technician /Advisor