sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 17 years dealership experience
9825021

I replaced a transmission on 2001 Honda Odyssey after

Customer Question

I replaced a transmission on 2001 Honda Odyssey after install tcs light came on . And it does after 35 miles comes on
JA: Do you know the code? Did you check the fuses?
Customer: Yes I checked fuses their find , haven't check the codes yet .
JA: Are you fixing your Odyssey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Rechecked tcs unit wires , although the van drives find other than the light
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's all other that wants to know how to get light off
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that can turn the ABS light on. The light will turn on when the ABS module either isn't communicating or it sees a failure and sets a fault code.

The problem could be anything from the module itself, hydraulic control unit and pump motor, the brake switch, wiring, and wheel speed sensors. The most common cause of an ABS light is a bad wheel speed sensor.

The first step in diagnosing the problem is to use a scan tool or code reader to see what fault codes are setting and then testing can be done from there.