Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Honda Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Honda Diagnostics
18617752

I have a 96 odyssey that is showing a p1382 code. Which I

Customer Question

I have a 96 odyssey that is showing a p1382 code. Which I gather is a cyclinder position sensor, where is that? In the distributor?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Ron Z and I'll be helping you with your question today.

The P1382 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem with the cylinder Position Sensor. On this vehicle, the CYP sensor is located internal of the distributor assembly. Inspect the electrical connector and wire harness to the distributor for any loose, broken or damaged wires. If the inspections check ok, replacing the distributor assembly will solve the problem. Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

Hi Rick! I noticed this thread was still open, so I wanted to check in and see how you made out? Did you find my answer helpful? Any other questions you had? Did replacing the distributor solve the problem?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 10 months ago.

..