Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I have a 2007 honda pilot the check engine light is and the

Customer Question
VSA is on too the...
i have a 2007 honda pilot the check engine light is and the VSA is on too the car won't go over 20 mph
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: blink
JA: Are you fixing your Pilot yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
9/29/2016
Mechanic for Honda: Pete, Auto Service Technician replied 1 year ago
Pete, Auto Service Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Does it feel like the engine is running rough?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the engine is running rough

O.k.,the flashing check engine light indicates an engine misfire has been detected by the engine computer.This causes the computer to flash the check engine light like you see here.The misfire can be caused by a spark plug,plug wire/boot or coil,fuel injector that isnt atomizing properly or low cylinder compression in one or more cylinders.

What has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.This has to be done with a scan tool that is compatible with your model here.In some cases a local parts store like Auto Zone can read fault codes at no charge to you but usually cannot diagnose the fault but can give you an idea of what is at fault here.

If you can get the codes read out and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

A shop or dealer can also read out and diagnose and repair this issue here.I dont recommend driving it to much like this here as this can damage the catalytic converter.

I have seen coil and spark plug failure as the most common cause and this causes both of these warning lights to come on like you see here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was driving to Ocala when that happened, I unplugged the battery and then the lights goes out let the car cold down for an hour drove it for 140 miles and stopped again the check engine light on and the vsa too won't go over 20 mph
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not satisfied because I took it to the shop they did all that still doing it

Did the shop read out the fault codes at all and if they did what codes set with this issue here?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They did

Did they retrieve any codes and if so what codes were set?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's ok not satisfied. Thank you Pete

I apologize.I posted what the flashing light indicates and it goes in line with the rough running.More testing would have to be done to pinpoint the cause.

If there is anything else I can do here let me know as I strive for a 5 star rating and want to make sure your happy here as well.

Thanks Pete

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Nothing else!!! Thank you Pete

Your welcome

Pete, Auto Service Technician