Honda

Have Honda Questions? Ask a Honda Repair Expert.

Honda

I did have a no start no crank had battery tested its good

Customer Question
So i did have a...

So i did have a no start no crank had battery tested its good pulled the starter bench tested its good tested wiring im not getting power to the constant i have 12 volts at the trigger wire but thats it JA: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working? Customer: It has fuel haven't checked the plugs thought it would have turned over JA: What is the model of your '12 Honda? Customer: 07 JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far? Customer: Ive really just mostly tested things i havent tried much except take out the battery and starter to test and clean and checked some of the wiring with a multimeter JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you? Customer: Lights and radio stay on when i try to start it. Also should be noted that now theres a clicking sound from one of the relays under the dash and the lights flicker with it so im kindve stumped now the ignition got stuck on, and the battery ran dead so is this a low battery issue or another side

effect of no crank no start

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Honda
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/27/2016
Mechanic for Honda: MASTER TECH, Honda Technician replied 1 year ago
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician

Hello welcome to Just answer I am master tech

I will be able to assist you today.

you mention you have 12 volt's at the trigger wire so at the starter or where are you testing ?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

At the starter

ok so 12 volts when you crank the starter correct or constant

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Just during the crank

ok so this would tell me the starter is failed .

the system is very basic so your getting signal so it has to crank or the starter is failed which we replace these pretty regularly at my dealer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I had the starter tested at autozone its fine acted just like a brand new one we compared

ok but under a load the starter will fail.

when they test it it's just for function but they have no way to load it like it's under the cranking load when in the car,

to confirm that your not loosing voltage at he solenoid wire you can do a load test across the starter solenoid wire and see if all the 12 volt load drops and goes to 0

here is a good video I pulled up to help confirm my diagnoses.

just food for thought,

https://youtu.be/DfLyh43iihM

talks about a few scenarios that can cause this.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

K il check it out

ok sounds good.

just dropping in to see how this resulted.

MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH
MASTER TECH, Honda Technician