How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Peter Bagley Your Own Question
Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Category: Honda
Satisfied Customers: 777
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
Type Your Honda Question Here...
Peter Bagley is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just missed my car warranty and did not feel I could pay

Customer Question

I just missed my car warranty and did not feel I could pay the $600.00 Honda was charging to fix my civic door. I cannot open the door on the driver's side without opening the window. It is in the door and I'm told the door has to be taken apart and a part has to be ordered. Can you suggest a way to find a mechanic that could fix my car door?
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Did you get charged that already? that's a little steep and if they didn't take the door panel off already then they are assuming what the problem is .Most fees for taking the panel off any door is around 1hr labor It may be repairable but if not you can get a used part from most wreckers. then depending whats wrong another 1/2 - 1hr to repair plus parts. If your not handy yourself to take the door panel off then find a good reputable shop close by, ask some people you know and trust for any references for this.Hope this gives you some direction to go for this problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I declined the work. I was also told that the 2012 Honda would not have parts in the wreckers.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 year ago.

I bet the dealer told you that, you can look up a local wrecker and ask and they usually have a network they could look up for you if it's anything like ours to let you know if they can get your parts. But if you wish would you like to try to see what the problem is yourself? I don't know how mechanically inclined you are or perhaps you have a neighbor or relative or friend I could walk you throug taking the panel off to see if it is repairable .your choice.I'll be happy to do so.